Verified Commit eb77c795 authored by Andri Steiner's avatar Andri Steiner
Browse files

initial import from Redmine #1

parents
h1. Accessing the Infrastructure
_Target audience: Community members that are responsible for a service that is running within the typo3.org infrastructure._
Currently, the *.typo3.org server infrastructure is undergoing changes towards a new architecture. This has implications for all community members that need to access any servers via SSH or responsible for a service that requires incoming connections.
h2. tl;dr
Before you can connect to the server again, you need to
* Install "OpenVPN":https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html.
* If you are using Windows, make sure that OpenVPN is run with administrator rights. (Right-click the Desktop icon → Properties → Compatibility → Settings → Mark "Run this program as an administrator".)
* Download our OpenVPN configuration file from "add-link-here":here and move it into the @config/@ subfolder inside the OpenVPN program folder (e.g. C:\Programme\OpenVPN\config).
* Start OpenVPN using the Desktop icon.
* Connecting/Disconnecting can be done by right-clicking the symbol in the task bar.
h2. Overview
* KVM is used for virtualization
* All servers are located in one data center (at Hetzner)
* All VMs have only private IP addresses. While they have unregulated internet access (via NAT), the cannot be reached directly from the outside - except using VPN.
* _Nginx_ is used as HTTPS proxy in front of all HTTP(S)-based services
* _haproxy_ is used to make non-HTTP services available from public
h2. VPN Access
* VPN access to the internal network is provided via OpenVPN (you need to install an OpenVPN client and setup the configuration that you receive from us).
* VPN clients (aka _you_!) receive an address from the @10.187.0.0/16@ range
* Infrastructure IP range: @10.186.0.0/16@ (route pushed via VPN)
** 10.186.0.x - network infrastructure
** 10.186.1.x - physical servers
** 10.186.2.x - VMs
* You can test connectivity, by pinging @10.186.0.1@.
* Host names often resolve to internal IP addresses (srvXXX.typo3.org -> 10.186.2.XXX). You can use these hostnames once connected via VPN.
h2. SSH Accounts
* User accounts are managed by the Server Admin Team and provisioned via Chef ("cookbook":https://github.com/typo3-cookbooks/t3-base#users)
* SSH pubkeys will be automatically deployed. Do not modify @~/.ssh/authorized_keys@ - it will be overwritten.
* If you have a new SSH key, please contact us.
h2. DNS Load Balancing
* Frontend servers are redundant and use DNS load balancing. All (usually 2) frontend servers run the HTTPS proxy as well as haproxy.
h2. HTTPS Proxy
* All applications are running behind Nginx-based HTTPS proxies. No need to set up HTTP for your application.
* HTTPS is mandatory, all HTTP requests will be automatically redirected.
* The proxy adds some headers (@Strict-Transport-Security@ and friends) automatically. Please don't duplicate them in your application. Verify the correct setup using "securityheaders.io":https://securityheaders.io / "ssllabs.com":https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/. See the @add_headers@ section in the "Chef cookbook":https://github.com/TYPO3-cookbooks/site-proxytypo3org/blob/master/attributes/nginx.rb.
* Make sure that your application logs the correct end-user's IP address. Respect the usual proxy headers (see the @proxy_set_header@ part of the "Chef cookbook":https://github.com/TYPO3-cookbooks/site-proxytypo3org/blob/master/attributes/nginx.rb).
h2. Public Access to non-HTTP(S) Ports
* TCP services that are not based on HTTP (e.g. Git) can be forwarded, too.
h1. Howto Schroot
Schroot allows users to execute commands or interactive shells in different chroots (see schroot).
More info:
- http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/schroot (in German)
Notice, this tutorial was made in the context of installing "svn2git" with a special version of Git provided by Debian Sid.
h2. Install Software
<pre>
apt-get -u install schroot debootstrap
</pre>
h2. Create the destination folder
<pre>
mkdir -p /srv/chroot/debian-sid-amd64
</pre>
h2. Install a Debian base system into a subdirectory of another with debootstrap
<pre>
debootstrap --arch amd64 sid /srv/chroot/debian-sid-amd64 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian
</pre>
h2. Configure schroot
<pre>
cd /etc/schroot
mcedit chroot.d/debian-sid-amd64.conf
[sid64]
description=Debian Sid (amd64)
directory=/srv/chroot/debian-sid-amd64
users=fudriot,mstucki
#groups=...
#root-users=...
type=directory
# old versions use "script-config", newer versions use "profile"
script-config=default/config
#profile=default
# personalities: linux=amd64, linux32=x64
personality=linux
preserve-environment=true
</pre>
Comment:
if you need to have a folder mounted in the schroot, then you can define it in fstab
or create a new profile dedicated for your usage
h2. Enter schroot and install necessary software
<pre>
schroot -c sid64
</pre>
h3. Install LOCALE
<pre>
sudo vi /etc/locale.gen # add de_CH.UTF-8 en_US.UTF-8
sudo locale-gen
</pre>
h3. Install packages
<pre>
aptitude install debian-keyring -y
aptitude install php5 git debian-keyring rubygems1.8
gem install --no-ri --no-rdoc svn2git
</pre>
h2. Run command
Running a command sudo schroot -c sid64 "whoami"
Notice "schroot" command may have problem if having white space arguments -> solution wrap commands within a script
h1. Server Team Meeting 2012-04-04
* Attendees: Joern Bock, Steffen Gebert, Peter Niederlag, Tolleiv Nietsch (attends as a guest because of the recent typo3.org relaunch), Michael Stucki
* Excused: Susanne Moog, Fabien Udriot
h2. Topic List:
* Status typo3.org relaunch
* Projects and budget usage 2012
* Pending Forge issues
* Status of the Hetzner server issue
* Nginx-Setup for T3CON (via Chef)
* Status of Forge update? / Forge <-> Gerrit
* Mailing list setup
* Documentation / Wiki
* Next meeting
h2. Status t3o-relaunch
* Michael informs that the servers are running surprisingly well (the load average is below 1.0) and that the MySQL server eventually could be moved to the same machine which is already running the webserver.
* [DONE] Michael would like to perform a restart of the varnish daemon to see how long it takes to rebuild the cache. Low-prio for now.
* Forge issue on "Wrong encoding of fe_users table" (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/35626)
** [DONE] Peter and Michael will have a look after the meeting
** [INFO] Side note: As a result of this, the following script was written and published. https://github.com/stucki/typo3-charset-converter
** [INFO] Still affected: tx_pastecode_code (see http://typo3.org/documentation/snippets/). Michael will take care of this => moved to next meeting protocol
* Invalid old URLs (documentation) and RSS feeds http://forge.typo3.org/issues/35656
** [DONE] Tolleiv will take a look at it
* Performance issue: User who is logged in will always fetch the site from Apache (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/35575)
** [DONE] Peter and Michael take a look at it.
* Bring back the TER mirrors
** Wolfgang Zenker of punkt.de noticed that the TER mirrors are no longer synchronized after the relaunch.
** It turns out that nobody considered this during the planning.
** [DONE] Steffen will talk to Wolfgang to get some details on how the existing solution worked, and will work on a solution.
* Redis Cache Backend for the website
** [DONE] Steffen and Michael take a look. Low priority.
h2. Projects and budget usage 2012
* We have some plans for workshops during the year but did not start with the planning of these yet.
Joern was contacted by Jan-Hendrik Heuing (new EAB member) regarding the details of a budget for a "new TER". We conclude that this project is not part of the relaunch, and he should contact Fabien to get more details.
* [INFO] Joern will talk to Fabien. => moved to next meeting protocol
h2. Pending Forge issues
* [INFO] Everyone please take a look at open issues!
h2. Status of the Hetzner server issue
* [INFO] Our Server at Hetzner which is sponsored by Jochen Weiland had 3 hard disk crashes within 3 months. Even though the disks were always replaced promply by Hetzner, we would like to move to a new, more modern hardware. Steffen talked to Jochen Weiland about the problem. Jochen gave his okay to just order a new server as we wish.
* [DONE] Steffen and Michael will order a new server.
* Many thanks to Jochen Weiland for the generous donation!!
h2. Nginx-Setup for T3CON (via Chef)
* [DONE] The server has been set up by Steffen
* [DONE] Michael has informed Sandra Krieg that the server is set up and running, since she asked for a status about a week ago.
h2. Status of Forge update? / Forge <-> Gerrit
* [TODO] Peter is still working on it.
h2. Mailing list setup
* [DONE] The setup has been documented in our internal wiki
* [DONE] Steffen will create new lists that have been requested meanwhile.
h2. Documentation / Wiki
* [DONE] We will create a public wiki in the public forge project where protocols are published (no more publication of protocols in the internal wiki)
* [INFO] Michael will talk to Fabien about keeping Dropbox up to date (see #36140)
h2. Next meeting
* [INFO] The next meeting will take place at April 18, 2012 08:00 CEST.
h1. Server Team Meeting 2012-04-13
* Attendees: Steffen Gebert, Peter Niederlag, Christian Trabold (guest), Tolleiv Nietsch (guest), Michael Stucki
h2. Topic List
h2. typo3.org relaunch status
* [INFO] Charset issue on typo3.org. Still affected: tx_pastecode_code (see http://typo3.org/documentation/snippets/). Michael will take care of this (see #36141)
* [INFO] We fixed the performance issue with logged in frontend users on typo3.org in a very nice way. Tolleiv suggests that we write a blog post about this. We'll try to write one or the other article about this and other nice features of the new infrastructure...-
* [INFO] Redis is now used on typo3.org as the caching backend
h2. Projects and budget usage 2012
* [INFO] No news since last time. Moved to #36142
h2. Status of the Hetzner server issue
* [INFO] A new server has been ordered and we're currently waiting to get further info from Hetzner. Once again, we'd like to thank Jochen Weiland / jweiland.net for their very generous donation!
h2. Status of Forge update? / Forge <-> Gerrit
* [INFO] Peter is still working on it (in fact, he worked on it again today).
* [INFO] Peter is still unsure if we should switch to Chiliproject (which is a fork of Redmine) or stay with Redmine. Christian will ask his colleague about a recommendation. Other inputs are very welcome! Moved to #36146.
* [INFO] Peter has Gerrit project creation automated at 90% finished
* [INFO] Peter has created two more gerrit projects
h2. Documentation / Wiki
* [INFO] Michael will talk to Fabien about keeping Dropbox up to date (see #36140)
h2. Membership status
* [INFO] We have invited Christian Trabold to join our team. He is currently thinking about it, and you are welcome to motivate him to support us with his expertise (https://twitter.com/ctrabold)
* [INFO] Tolleiv Nietsch has done an extremely great job on getting the new typo3.org website done, and we still have plans to do more tasks in close connection with him. Tolleiv will try to join our upcoming meetings as long as there is more work to do regarding the website relaunch.
* [INFO] Sebastian Kurfürst and Susanne Moog have recently asked us to leave the team as both are working hard on other projects in the community.
* [INFO] We thank both of them for their engamenent in the team and look forward to see them at other places... :-)
h2. Team Page on Forge
* [INFO] Peter has renamed our Forge page from "Infrastructure Team" to "Server Team". This will hopefully make it easier for people to find our project page.
* [INFO] Michael will also rename the identifier and makes sure that the old URLs are still redirected. Moved to #36143.
h2. Various Notes
* [INFO] We have discussed the workflow of user requests that come in through mails to admin@typo3.org. Peter notes that some requests are written in non-english languages. He wonders how to deal with these.
* [INFO] Steffen will set up a template in OTRS to easily answer such requests with an informal text. Moved to #36145.
h2. Next meeting
* [INFO] The next meeting will take place at April 18, 2012 08:00 CEST.
h1. Server Team Meeting, 2012-04-18
Attendees: Steffen Gebert, Peter Niederlag, Christian Trabold, Michael Stucki
Excused: Fabien Udriot
h2. Open Issues from last meetings (Michael)
* [DONE] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36141 - Fix charset for snippets
The problem has been solved.
* [TODO] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36143 - Rename team-infrastructure to team-server-public
Michael needs to take care of it.
* [INFO] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36142 - Feedback regarding budget for new TER.
Issue was moved to Forge.
* [DONE] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36140 - Dropbox updates
Fabien is syncing the docs to Drobbox automatically.
* [DONE] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36145 - OTRS template for answering non-english requests
Steffen created it.
h2. Open Issues from t3dd12 (Fabien)
* [INFO] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36094 - Create demo.typo3.org
Michael will talk to Fabien
Any hints / best practices for harden the TYPO3 installation?
* [TODO] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36096 - Stabilize get.typo3.org
Fabien will take care, Michael will talk to him
* [INFO] Chef Workshop 11.-13.05. at dkd Internet Service GmbH with Steffen, Stucki, Peter N., Tolleiv, Fabien. Thanks already to dkd for the host!
* [TODO] Please collect topics / questions for the workshop so Christian Trabold can prepare the workshop best to fit our needs.
* [TODO] Christian will provide virtual Debian 6 Boxes based on Vagrant (http://vagrantup.com/) so we have a playground to test some cookbooks during the workshop.
* [SKIP] How to use Forge projects for typo3.org (concept) (Joern)
Joern is not attending, so we'll skip this issue until next time
* [TODO] Status of the new Hetzner server (Michael)
Michael needs to respond to Jochens mail regarding the new IPs
h2. New members / Member listing cleanup (Michael)
* [INFO] Christian Trabold is willing to join the team. Welcome Christian!
* [TODO] Michael will do the introduction together with Christian.
h2. Disk Usage on srv112.typo3.org & srv107.typo3.org (Michael)
* [TODO] Tolleiv is not attending, Michael will talk to him
* [TODO] Steffen notes that the backup of srv112 eats up the whole backup bandwidth. Michael will talk to Tolleiv to see how we can optimize this.
h2. Forge update, status and how to proceed (Peter)
* [DONE] Our sources are online: https://github.com/typo3/redmine
* Evaluate ChiliProject vs. Redmine
** [TODO] Peter will contact the maintainer to get more feedback.
* Comments on our patches
** [TODO] Peter will ask Sebastian Kurfürst for comments on the patches he made to the existing setup.
** [TODO] Christian will improve the chef-redmine cookbook (https://github.com/ctrabold/chef-redmine) and test it on a Debian 6 Vagrant box
** [TODO] Christian has very good experiences with testing cookbooks locally with Vagrant. After testing the cookbook it can be easily deployed to the production box.
h2. Monitoring issues? (Peter)
* [INFO] We had no more time to disucss this. Topic is moved to the mailing list.
h2. Find a better communication tool than Skype
* [TODO] Michael will make a test run with Skype, BBB, Google Hangout
h2. Chef deployment
* [TODO] Steffen and Christian implement environments for Chef (http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Environments). This reduces side effects with new cookbooks and allows us to deploy new cookbooks without risking a breaking change in our infrastructure.
* [INFO] Cookbooks from the current run_list should be set to "--freeze" mode (http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Version+Constraints). The cookbooks are then protected from being modified by accident.
* [TODO] Find a clever way to manage cookbooks: What's the best practice here? Separate repositories? Branching? (http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Version+Constraints#VersionConstraints-BranchTrackingStrategy)
h2. Next meeting
* [INFO] The next meeting will take place on May 2, 2012 08:00 CEST.
h1. Server Team Meeting, 2012-05-02
Attendees: Steffen Gebert, Peter Niederlag, Fabien Udriot, Christian Trabold, Tolleiv Nietsch, Michael Stucki
h2. Open Issues from last meetings (Michael)
* [SKIP] How to use Forge projects for typo3.org (concept) (Joern). Joern is not attending, so we'll skip this issue until next time.
h2. Forge status (Peter)
* [INFO] Migration / Creation of Gerrit projects now works completely through one script
* [TODO] Project permissions (leader / member) are not taken into consideration yet (Peter)
* [INFO] Tagging works only with annotated and signed tags
* [INFO] References: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36097 http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36095
* [TODO] Existing SVN projects should be removed after conversion (Peter)
* [TODO] Write a annoucement about the Git migration for t3 extensions. People should create a forge ticket and assign it to Peter. (Michael + Peter)
h2. Status demo.typo3.org
* [INFO] Fabien did lot of work on this http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36094
h2. Status get.typo3.org
* [INFO] Fabien asks about the current status. Steffen already asked Peter K again.
h2. Planning the Chef workshop in Frankfurt
* [INFO] Start: Friday morning / End: Saturday evening
* [TODO] Christian: Send Agenda to list
* [TODO] Christian: Send Hotel recommendations to list
h2. General
* [TODO] Where / how to register domains (typo3-incubator.org). Michael will ask the T3A board on how to proceed with the registration.
h2. Next meeting
* [INFO] The next meeting will take place on May 16, 2012 08:00 CEST.
h1. Server Team Meeting, 2012-05-02
Attendees: Steffen Gebert, Peter Niederlag, Fabien Udriot, Christian Trabold, Tolleiv Nietsch, Michael Stucki
h2. Open Issues from last meetings
* [SKIP] How to use Forge projects for typo3.org (concept) (Joern). Joern is not attending, so we'll skip this issue until next time.
* Forge status (Peter)
* [INFO] Migration / Creation of Gerrit projects now works completely through one script
* [TODO] Project permissions (leader / member) are not taken into consideration yet (Peter)
* [INFO] Tagging works only with annotated and signed tags
* [INFO] References: #36097, #36095
* [TODO] Existing SVN projects should be removed after conversion (Peter)
* [TODO] Write an annoucement about the Git migration for t3 extensions. People should create a forge ticket and assign it to Peter. (Michael + Peter)
h2. Status demo.typo3.org
* [TODO] Inform Peter P. that we take over :)
* [INFO] Fabien did lot of work on this (#36094)
h2. Status get.typo3.org
* [INFO] Fabien asks about the current status. Steffen already asked Peter K again.
h2. Planning th Chef workshop in Frankfurt
* [INFO] Start: Friday morning / End: Saturday evening
* [TODO] Christian: Send Agenda to list
* [TODO] Christian: Send Hotel recommendations to list
h2. General
* [TODO] Where / how to register domains (typo3-incubator.org). Michael will ask the T3A board on how to proceed with the registration.
h2. Next meeting
* [INFO] The next meeting will take place on May 16, 2012 08:00 CEST.
h1. Server Team Meeting, 2012-05-16
Attendees: Steffen Gebert, Peter Niederlag, Christian Trabold, Michael Stucki
Excused: Fabien Udriot
h2. Goals
* Move issues into Forge
* Have everyone look at his Forge duties
* Make the next agenda much smaller!
h2. Open Issues from last meetings
* [TASK] How to use Forge projects for typo3.org (concept) (Joern). Joern is not attending, so we'll skip this. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37225)
* [TASK] Where / how to register domains (typo3-incubator.org) (Michael). Michael will ask the T3A board on how to proceed with the registration. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37226)
* [DONE] Rename team-infrastructure to team-server-public (Michael). This was done. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36143)
* [TASK] Status get.typo3.org (Michael). Fabien is still working on it and needs to contact Peter again to finish the API. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36096)
* [TASK] Status demo.typo3.org (Michael). Fabien is still working on it. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36094)
* [DONE] Status of the new Hetzner server (Michael). The server is set up and working. For now only the (upcoming) forum site is running on it.
* [DONE] Team introduction for Christian (Michael). This was done.
h2. Forge status (Peter)
* [TASK] Write an annoucement that Forge SVN projects can now be migrated to Git by request. People should write a mail to admin@typo3.org if they are interested. (Michael + Peter, http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37282)
* [INFO] Existing SVN projects will be cleaned up, only a README.txt file with info about the migration remains.
* [TASK] Peter Niederlag is working on a Redmine update to the latest version. This might take some time since the code base needs to be cleaned up beforehand... (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36172)
h2. Backups on srv112
* [TASK] Steffen notes that the backup of srv112 eats up the whole backup bandwidth. Michael will talk to Tolleiv to see how we can optimize this. Mail sent. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37283)
h2. New Backup Server
* [TASK] Steffen has received an offer for a new backup server and needs to get in touch with them now. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37280)
h2. Review of the Chef workshop / next steps
* We discussed the next steps:
** [TASK] Freeze cookbooks (Christian & Steffen, http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37284)
** [TASK] Evaluate encrypted databags for Chef (Christian, http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37285)
** [TASK] Update Redmine cookbook. Christian is working on it. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36873)
** [TASK] We want to use Gerrit for the Chef repository. Peter will create one for us. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37287)
* [INFO] Send invoices for hotel & travel costs to Michael. Michael sent a mail to the team mailing list.
h2. Next meeting
* [INFO] The next meeting will take place on May 30, 2012 08:00 CEST.
h1. Server Team Meeting, 2012-05-30
Attendees: Steffen Gebert, Peter Niederlag, Fabien Udriot, Michael Stucki
Excused: Christian Trabold
h2. Open Issues from last meetings
* [TASK] Budget status (Michael). Postponed to the next meeting. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37395)
h2. Zabbix Monitoring Server
* [DONE] Zabbix-Server has been reinstalled by Steffen. Tables have been imported using innodb_file_per_table. Several patches have been contributed to the upstream Zabbix cookbook.
h2. Various stuff
* [INFO] We agreed about the following naming scheme for testing servers: 10114.typo3.org => Test server for srv114
* [INFO] Big Blue Button is still not an option for Michael due to bugs in the Flash plugin (USB headset can't be chosen as input device). Since Steffen does not use Google+ (yet) we will stick with Skype for the time being...
h2. Next meeting
* [INFO] The next meeting will take place on June 13, 2012 08:00 CEST.
h1. Server Team Meeting, 2012-06-13
Attendees: Steffen Gebert, Joern Bock, Tolleiv Nietsch, Michael Stucki
Excused: Peter Niederlag, Fabien Udriot
Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CEST.
h2. Open Issues from last meetings
* nothing
h2. Organizational stuff
* [INFO] Holiday planning: Michael has set up Wiki page where everyone should inform about any planned absences (like holidays).
* [TASK] Moving meetings to a different weekday: Steffen wants to change the meeting day from Wednesday to another day. He will set up a poll to find out a possible replacement. (Update: this was done, see next week protocol)
* [INFO] Susanne, Ingmar & Sebastian were removed from the members list on Forge.
h2. Status of the TYPO3.org website
* [INFO] Steffen mentions that the website does not get the attention that it should. We agree with this and try to find ways how the Server Team could improve this situation.
** [TASK] A Vagrant box for easy contributions would be of great help. Fabien Udriot is working on it. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37406)
* [INFO] The T3O deployment tool does currently not support Git, however we want to move all repositories to Git.
** [TASK] Tolleiv provides a list of features of the current deployment tool. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38823)
** [TASK] Tolleiv checks about the status of the AOE media deployment tool. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38823)
** [TASK] Michael asks Tobias Liebig about the status of the FLOW3.Surf port for TYPO4 v6. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38824)
* [TASK] Joern will restart a regular meeting involving all FOR contacts. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38825)
h2. Extbase team using their own website?
* [INFO] The Extbase team requested a clone of the TYPO3.org website. We would try to avoid this whenever possible, since it means more maintenance work.
** [TASK] Michael will talk to Sacha Storz to find a solution. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38826)
h2. Status of the Backup Server
* [INFO] Steffen acquired a sponsor for new backup system: Debian VM + a 3TB LUN in a SAN
* [INFO] We discuss how backups should be stored in the future. We would like to stick with BackupPC.
* [INFO] Additional backups can be stored on tape through IBM Tivoli.
End of the meeting: 09:01 CEST.
h2. Next meeting
* [INFO] The next meeting will take place on June 27, 2012 08:00 CEST.
h1. Server Team Meeting, 2012-06-27
Attendees: Peter Niederlag, Steffen Gebert, Fabien Udriot, Michael Stucki
Excused: Christian Trabold
Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CEST.
h2. Open Issues from last meetings
* nothing
h2. Forge downtime
* [INFO] We have discussed the recent problems of the forge website. It was probably running over capacity. Steffen has moved the site to a new server, and since then it's running fine again.
End of the meeting: 09:50 CEST.
h2. Next meeting
* [INFO] The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, July 10, 2012 08:00 CEST. Note that the date changes to Tuesday. Michael will send new calendar invitations.
h1. Server Team Meeting, 2012-07-10
Attendees: Steffen Gebert, Michael Stucki
Excused: Peter Niederlag, Fabien Udriot, Christian Trabold
Beginning of the meeting: 08:05 CEST.
h2. Open Issues
* [TASK] Gerrit does currently not support different permissions for team leaders and members. Peter will try to work around this by synchronising two different groups (owner/member) from Forge to gerrit. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/27977)
* [TASK] Check status/errors of Forge cron jobs. Peter will do. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38830)
* [TASK] Peter wants to check if we can update our Gerrit installation (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38831)
* [TASK] Rendering of Documentation Team manuals should happen right after each commit. Peter will try to implement a hook for that. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38832)
* [TASK] Set up the new backup server (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37280)
* [TASK] Michael will migrate srv102 srv103 srv104 to Debian Squeeze (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38834)
* [TASK] Steffen wants to write the half-year report (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37970) - Including service announcements for get.typo3.org, demo.typo3.org, Git repositories
* [TASK] We will try to provide a monitoring status page in the sense of http://status.github.com/. Fabien will try to use Zabbix API for status.typo3.org (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38351)
* [TASK] Check/cleanup repositories and scripts for Forge and Gerrit software and tools. Peter will do. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38833)
h2. buzz.typo3.org
* dkd has prepared an update of the buzz website to TYPO3 4.5. Next steps:
** [TASK] Michael will move the site to a server that runs on our own infrastructure. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38835)
** [TASK] When this is done, dkd will take care of the upgrade. (see above)
h2. typo3.org
* [INFO] Still no FoR/typo3.org meetings after 4 weeks
* [TASK] Steffen writes a mail to Ben to say that we're unhappy with the situation. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38825)
End of the meeting: 08:40 CEST.
h2. Next meeting
* [INFO] The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 08:00 CEST.
h1. Server Team Meeting, 2012-08-21
Attendees: Steffen Gebert, Christian Trabold, Bastian Bringenberg, Michael Stucki
Excused: Peter Niederlag, Fabien Udriot
Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CEST.
h2. Open Issues from last meetings
* [TASK] Budget Application 2013: Michael will send us a draft. Deadline is 31st.
* [INFO] We discussed some of the issues from our list.
h2. Completed tasks
* Buzz (http://buzz.typo3.org) has been upgraded. Many thanks to Ivan Kartolo and Olivier Dobberkau / dkd for helping us with this! (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38835)
One question remains: Who will maintain this site from now on?
* Steffen has upgraded etherpad-lite including a revised cookbook. Additionally he moved the site to a new server on ms07.
h2. forum.typo3.org
* Martin Terber offered his help. Steffen introduced him to the installation, fixed a problem with (the badly implemented) SSO and new users. Looking forward to what happens. Also a Roxanne is willing to help. Wasn't able to establish a meeting until now.
* The site is higher ranked on Steffen's TODO list now.
h2. Next meeting
* [INFO] The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, September 4, 2012 08:00 CEST.
h1. Server Team Meeting, 2012-09-04
Attendees: Steffen Gebert, Christian Trabold, Michael Stucki, Bastian Bringenberg, Peter Niederlag
Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CEST.
h2. Open Issues from last meetings
* [INFO] Nothing urgent
h2. Completed tasks
* [INFO] We finished the budget application for 2013
* [INFO] Our 2012-1 Year Report was published: http://buzz.typo3.org/teams/server-admin/article/server-admin-team-half-year-report-20121/
* [INFO] http://status.typo3.org/ was finished by Bastian Bringenberg
h2. forum.typo3.org
* [INFO] SSO authentication seems to work now
* [INFO] Templating still needs some work. Martin Terber plans to do it starting from 7.9.