Verified Commit 78f9b3f8 authored by Andri Steiner's avatar Andri Steiner
Browse files

Team Meeting 2021-03-09

parent 04382a54
# Server Team Meeting, 2021-03-09
Attendees: Andri Steiner, Bastian Bringenberg, Michael Stucki, Stephan Großberndt
Excused: Andreas Beutel
Beginning of the meeting: 08:30 CET.
## Daily Business
* [Last meeting protocol](https://gitlab.typo3.org/server/team/blob/master/Meetings/2021/Meeting_2021-MM-DD.md)
* [Issue board (GitLab)](https://gitlab.typo3.org/groups/server/-/boards)
* [Tickets (OTRS)](https://otrs.typo3.org/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketQueue;QueueID=21;SortBy=Age;OrderBy=Up;View=Small;Filter=All)
## Gerrit/Git downtimes
* [INFO] every few days, the Gerrit/Git server is overloaded
* [INFO] the load is caused by the Git daemon mostly
* [INFO] we assume the root case within CI core tests from Bamboo
* [INFO] core tests are being migrated from Bamboo to our GitLab right now
* [TODO] make sure Git/Gerrit will start properly and without manual interventian after each reboot
* [TODO] check whether Bamboo can be disabled as of now
* [TODO] further proceedings in [ticket services/git.typo3.org/site#2](https://gitlab.typo3.org/services/git.typo3.org/site/-/issues/2)
## Mailman/Sympa outage
* [INFO] the server used to host the Mailman and Sympa mailinglists had a power outage
* [INFO] we had to restore the service manually afterwards
* [INFO] some days later, the domain which was used to initially configure the maillinglists did expire
* [INFO] this domain is beyond our control (initial setup was about 20 years ago)
* [INFO] it took some days to come up with a solution to reconfigure the list to the proper lists.typo3.org hostname
* [INFO] see details in [ticket server/team#65](https://gitlab.typo3.org/server/team/-/issues/65)
* [TODO] disable NNTP in [ticket server/team#66](https://gitlab.typo3.org/server/team/-/issues/66)
## Various
* [INFO] we aim to connect more services directly to my.typo3.org and will take the required steps together with the TYPO3 GmbH
* [INFO] our GitLab ultimate license does expire end of March. We got a new license already but have to figure out how we can activate it [ticket server/team#67](https://gitlab.typo3.org/server/team/-/issues/67)
## Next meeting
The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, March 23, 2021 08:30 CET.
---
End of the meeting: 09:15 CET.
Markdown is supported
0% or .
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment